Marshmallows are attached to such nostalgic memories from childhood including s’mores and hot cocoa! What if we told you they are SUPER easy to make with minimal high quality ingredients and your favorite matcha? 😋
We were nervous about trying to create this recipe. It felt intimidating. Yet it was truly way easier and way more fun than we could have imagined.
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- 1/2 cup HOT* water - the water must be hot or the recipe doesn’t work
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (you could use honey instead)
- 1.5 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil to grease loaf pan
- Grease your pan (we used a loaf pan) with coconut oil
- Set up your stand mixer or hand held electric mixer
- Add water and gelatin to mixer or bowl and give a quick stir with a fork
- Let gelatin and hot water stand for a minute - this allows your gelatin to bloom! 🌸 😉
- Add in the maple, matcha and vanilla and being to mix slowly
- Gradually increase the speed until you have a green fluff texture - this can take roughly 5 minutes in the stand mixer and up to 15 with the hand mixer. This is the hardest part. We promise.
- Grab a spatula and quickly move the fluff to the greased pan. It will start to get stiff fast so act swiftly.
- Let the marshmallows sit on the counter loosely covered for 24 hours before cutting and serving.
- If you are roasting, let them sit out another day or two to loose a little moisture. Fresh marshmallows will melt immediately under heat. Okay so maybe the waiting a day or two is the hardest part 😂
- Store your matcha marshmallows layered between sheets of parchment paper in an airtight container. If kept in a dry place at a cool room temperature, they should keep for about a month.
- Enjoy and be sure to to tag us in your posts on Instagram!