Matcha French Maple Buttercream
Matcha is not just for lattes. We love baking with it too! This is a luscious french maple cream made my our incredible photographer Kristina. When she shared these cookies with us, we knew we needed to beg her to share the recipe and thankfully she did! Now, this recipe is not vegan but it is gluten free and can easily be made dairy free.
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegan butter (we used Earth Balance)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl
- Cut cold butter into cubes
- In a saucepan, mix sugar and water, then bring to a boil
- When it reaches 240 degrees, start beating the egg yolks in your mixer. The mixture should become pale as you mix.
- When sugar reaches 248 degrees remove your sugar syrup from heat and drizzle SLOWLY over the egg yolks
- Add cubes of butter one at a time until completely mixed in
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add in the maple syrup and vanilla
- Beat a bit longer
- Then tada! Add these on top of your favorite cookie! We used chocolate cookies.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Bring to room temp before use.
Enjoy and stay tuned for more recipes, including a vegan buttercream 😋