Bone Broth Matcha Latte
A few months back, a customer at a market asked if we had ever mixed matcha with bone broth. My brain immediately was shocked by the combination but the more I thought about it, the more it sounds DELICIOUS and NUTRITIOUS.
This recipe is adapted and inspired by Bonafide Provisions who is one of our favorite Bone Broth companies. If you are buying a store bought in lieu of making your own, we recommend Bonafide or Epic. I have tried it with Chicken and Turkey so far and my favorite has been the Turkey Broth. Just be sure to choose one that doesn't have a lot of other added spices that will change the flavor of the latte (or do if you wish 😉).
Although this is one of our only non-vegan recipes, for the carnivores in our community, bone broth is incredibly nourishing. Happy digestion, immune support, sleep are just a few of the reasons many choose to drink it regularly.
Now let's dive in to the recipe.
- 1/2 cup favorite plant milk
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Matcha Nude
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 2 ounces just under boiling water (176ºF ideally)
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons honey or maple to sweeten (optional)
- Heat up milk and bone broth, just before a boil.
- Add all ingredients to a heat safe blender or use an immersion blender. I used a Vitamix
- Blend until smooth
- Pour and enjoy!
Here is a video of me making my own bone broth latte on Instagram.