Matcha Tiramisu by Chef Hector
We were lucky enough to have Chef Hector Revilla grace us with this absolutely delish Matcha Tiramisu recipe that also includes gluten free and vegan options! I mean, just look at it! Are you drooling yet? 🤤
For the Custard -
- 6 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 8 oz Mascarpone (or dairy free cream cheese)
- 2 Tbsp Matcha Nude
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream (can use dairy free heavy whipping cream or more cream cheese)
For the Matcha Nude Hot Toddy - (For soaking the lady fingers)
- 1 1/2oz Whiskey, Bourbon (for N/A, mix together ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground cloves and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg)
- 1 Tbsp Matcha Nude
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 1/2 Cup of hot water
- Toasted pistachios (rough chopped)
- 4 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Matcha Nude
- Lady Fingers (Schär makes a great gluten free/dairy free option)
- Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water. Set mixing bowl over saucepan and make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Remove the bowl (we will be using it as a double boiler)
- In the heatproof mixing bowl, add egg yolks and 1/2 cup granulated sugar (out of 1 cup) and start whisking
- Set the bowl over the saucepan of barely simmering water and continue to beat the eggs. Keep your instant thermometer nearby to check the temperature of the egg mixture. Heat the egg yolk mixture until it reaches 165-170ºF. Whisk constantly to ensure you're not accidentally making scrambled eggs. Remove from heat, mix in the 8oz of mascarpone and allow to cool to room temperature.
- While your Custard is cooling whip 1 cup of heavy cream with 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 Tbsp of Matcha Nude, until you get stiff peaks. After your Custard has cooled to room temperature, fold your Custard into the whipped cream using a spatula. Place in fridge to cool.
- As your Custard and whipped cream mixture set, let's make the Hot Toddy for the lady fingers. As your water gets to a boil, combine your Whiskey/Bourbon, lemon juice and honey into a small bowl. Add in your hot water, then wisk in your Matcha Nude until fully dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- While your Toddy is cooling, make the green tea sugar mixture to garnish your Tiramisu. Simply combine your powdered sugar and Matcha Nude until it is well incorporated.
- We are now ready to build the Tiramisu layer by layer. The first layer will be some of the Custard, followed by the lady fingers that will be lightly dipped into the Hot Toddy. Then another layer of Custard, followed by Lady fingers and then a final layer of Custard. Sprinkle on the Matcha Nude sugar garnish and top with toasted pistachio. Enjoy!